Tech Executive, Agile Coach, Startup Mentor
Lean Software Developer
Hi, I'm Francesco Trucchia
Since 2008, I help software developer teams delivering value driven software using agile and lean methodologies
I'm a signatory of Manifesto for Agile Software Development. I use its values and principles to make the right choices on my everyday work.
Learn more about me on Linkedin
I help companies increase their value with agile and lean methodologies
Lean Business Evolution
I help digital companies to evolve towards their maximum potential
Lean Software Development
I support companies on developing their business with technology
Companies that involved me
I invest my time and my money in smart people, best digital companies and tech disruptive startup and scale up,
contributing on their growth.
Senior Engineering Manager
In 2015, Prima set out on a mission to bring customers a great experience and a great price on their insurance. It redesigned and digitised the entire insurance value chain, building its own platforms from scratch on the most advanced tech stack and data.
Prima has achieved more than 2.5M customers and €650M in gross written premiums across Europe, with a team of over 700 people.
As Senior Engineering Manager, I deal with:
Supporting agile cross teams (PM, Design, UX, Dev, Business expert) on delivering the right value to customer with the right performance, quality and functional stability
Coaching and mentoring tech team
Ensuring the professional growth of people
Cooperating with others EMs on talent retention and tech governance
Leading other engineering managers
Head of engineering
Soisy wants to reinvent the world of installment payments for goods and services on e-commerce. We use technology to provide a quick and easy payment experience for e-commerce companies and their customers. We enable outside investors to finance installment payments on our marketplace.
In 2020 Soisy financed more than 50 million loans and was acquired by MedioBanca Group.
As head of tech of the company, I have dealt with:
- Choosing the best technologies, guaranteeing times and costs
- Designing, developing and integrating a software platforms using Test Driven Design, Domain
- Driven Design and Event Sourcing (Symfony, PHP, Mysql)
- Migrating from a monolithic architecture to a microservices architecture
- Designing, developing and integrating a server infrastructure on Amazon AWS
- Migrating from an infrastructure on virtual servers, to an architecture managed as a code
- (Amazon ECS + docker)
- Implementing a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery system in order to perform daily
- releases in productions (Codeship, Github Actions)
- Leading the entire product development process through agile methodologies, Kanban and
- servant leadership
- Leading and coaching a full remote tech team, supporting them in the on-boarding path,
- personal growth within the company and encouraging the emergence of distributed leadership in
- a flat organization
- Supporting the board of director in the composition and management of the annual budget for the Tech department
- Hiring staff
Chief Technology Officer
Since 2008 our team build websites and web applications from our customers' ideas. We have expertise to build from gorgeous design, to complex applications and to help applications to scale at large users base. We are not afraid of 100Mln users month nor 1Billions queries week. We believe in good practices, eXtreme programming for development, Agile Methods for project management and Lean to reduce the waste. We crafted our methodologies to be very robust as we pursue our objectives through a cycle: developing, measuring the results, understanding the outcome and starting again with the next wave of improvements. We work for big companies but we also love startups, we help them improving their business model and training the developers team.
As technical manager, I dealt with:
- Deciding the best technologies to apply as solutions to our customers' requests
Deciding methodological standards to release high quality software products using agile methodologies, Domain Driven Design and Test Driven Design
Deciding the best organizational design to allow for the growth of the team
Leading team growth from 3 dev to 40 dev, through servant leadership, personal growth paths, conflict management and creating a psychologically safe environment
- Agile coaching on key client projects